I made the pad. Slate tile and black grout.
I picked up the stove and the neighbor guys came over to help hubby "man-handle" the 400lb stove up the stairs of the deck and onto the pad. After, we had burgers and beer and relaxation. THANKS GUYS!
|view from the back door|
I took a day to measure, measure, measure and measure again for the holes in the ceiling and roof. Once those are cut, there is no going back. Had to be absolutely sure everything was plumb and centered and had at least minimal clearance according to the specs.
|view from the front window|
Hubby helped to cut the hole in the roof and install the chimney, flashing, collar and flue pipe while I made sure everything lined up and maintained proper code clearance (don't want things burning down).
It seemed pretty easy, but when the instructions are vague and the manufacturer does not supply the right fasteners according to the instructions, things get a bit frustrating.
Everything (except the attic collar because I don't think it is the appropriate size and want to get a larger one) is in and I just need to get some stove paint for the scratches we put on the pipe and some edging for the pad. I also need to get an inspector out to see if we are ok. Then, we get to wait till a cool day to fire it up, open the windows and cure the finish before the cold sets in.
I was thinking that this is it for home improvement projects for at least 2 years. I want to enjoy next summer and need a break. Luckily, my hubby was thinking the same thing.
I will post a before and after once we get the details done.
But for now, the big stuff is out of the way and I can get back to some sense of "normal".