Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Snow Days

I got back from my sister's house just in time for the snow.
Photos from Tuesday














As I write, we currently are up to 8" here at my house in the foothills of Mt. Rainier.
School canceled for 2 days in a row and possibly tomorrow as well as freezing rain is predicted and warm up not until the day after tomorrow.

The next morning the bottom branches of the tree were down to the middle of that coop.
Photos from today:
Luckily, we still have power (the trees were just trimmed by the power company last week - thank you!).

So, what do you do? It gave us a chance to work on the dreaded science fair project, clean house, watch the news online while blogging :-)

And, make snow ice cream (recipe)! I have not had a chance to make this since mom made it when I was a kid in New England!

The only prints in the snow were ours and shrews, the deer aren't  out.
The pullets won't even go out.


This morning a neighbor kindly stuck a plow to the 4wheeler and plowed the gravel road. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you and will read all your comments.
Please share your thoughts!