Sunday, January 27, 2013

Natural Homemade Doggie Treats


This post was originally a guest post for Moody Sisters Organic Skincare Blog.
http://moodysisters.blogspot.com/2012/05/guest-post-natural-doggie-treats.html


Natural Doggie Treats


We try to do a lot of things for ourselves to be wholesome and organic. What about our pets? Sure, we animal lovers want to do what is best for our non-sapiens friends. The downside is the cost. I don't know about you but, I would rather spend the dough on having clean running water, my child's health or my family's dinner. Fido does not have to have treats. But, if you make your own, it is very affordable and you know what is in them!. There are so many recipes on the web. I encourage you to do a search and try some out.

No, I do not have a dog but, I am a "doggie auntie". We have "adopted" the neighbor's dogs. "Buddy" is our friend's dog & "Oscar" is from next door. (You may find him pictured in some of my blog posts.)
I do love our doggie friends and wanted to make some simple dog treats to spoil "our pets".

Here is our simple recipe:

Ingredients:
2 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 cup powdered milk
1 tablespoon bran
1 tsp concentrated chicken stock
1 egg
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup water

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Combine all the ingredients in a bowl till all mixed well.
Shape mix into teaspoon sized balls, or disks.
Place the shapes evenly onto a cookie sheet with about 1/2 inch space between them.
Bake for about 15 minutes till firm.
let cool completely before storing in airtight container.
If they show condensation in the container - bake them on lowest heat for 15 more minutes or spread them out on a dry surface to dry out some more.


They love them!
Disclaimer - always check with your vet to make sure the ingredients you use are OK for your pet.




1 comment:

  1. My dog wants to come live with you :) I found you on the Clever Chicks Hop and I would love to have you join the fun on my Creative HomeAcre Hop!
    http://www.theselfsufficienthomeacre.com/2013/02/the-creative-homeacre-hop.html

    Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you and will read all your comments.
Please share your thoughts!