Thursday, May 23, 2013

Road screen Planted

Another project checked off the list.

We live on a gravel road. In the summer it is DUSTY and with the house and garden so close to the road a living hedge is necessary to help keep down the amount of airborne dirt from intruding our home and lungs.

The sooner, the better as plants need time to grow.
2 weeks ago I did the line of arborvitae. These are emerald green variety growing 4 feet wide and 15 feet tall. The 2 dwarf alberta spruce on each end I found in the forest last year.




Today, I finally went to the local Rhodi nursery and found 3 fabulous varieties!
These go in on the hill in front of the garden along the road. Mark cut down some trees there and lowered the mound last year. I wanted some color for this area.
These are full sized and will get very large and fill in the area quite well.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you and will read all your comments.
Please share your thoughts!